Age Care Advice
Those who are lucky enough to make it to old age, are often faced with the need to enter Aged Care.
Those who are lucky enough to make it to old age, are often faced with the need to enter Aged Care. Despite an over-haul in 2014, the Aged Care assessment process, the entry costs and ongoing fees are extremely complex. LFS can provide comprehensive advice on these areas for Aged Care:
- The treatment of the family home
- The situation where one partner or a carer remains in the family home
- The investment of available funds to pay ongoing fees.
- An explanation of the different types of Aged Care fees.
- The calculation of the various Aged Care fees.
- Strategies that may assist in reducing ongoing Aged Care fees.
- The timing of entry into Aged Care for each member of a couple.
- Completion of fee assessment paperwork.
“It is one of the most vulnerable times of a person’s life, and an extremely emotional time for their family, we are proud to be able to assist clients and their family members to take some of the pain out of this process. We do this without extorting unreasonable fees, and by treating all parties with respect. We often say that we treat our clients like we would want our own family to be treated.” says Chris Vanden-Driesen