LFS has a team of 6, consisting of 3 Financial Planners, and 3 support staff. The team is
Simone Vanden-Driesen (Senior Financial Planner)
Simone Vanden-Driesen joined the financial planning industry immediately after finishing high school in December 1989. Her role at this time was in client services. While studying for her Bachelor of Business at Deakin University, she worked as a trainee financial planner. Immediately after graduating in June 1993, Simone took out her first proper authority with Securitor Financial Group. Simone commenced the Diploma of Financial Planning in February 1994, completing this in 1997 and gaining her Certified Financial Planner status. Simone was appointed as a Director of Leishman Financial Services Pty Ltd in 1997.
While working with Leishman Financial Services Pty Ltd
Now currently Business Owner and Manager and Representative of Leishman Financial Services Pty Ltd, Simone has responsibility for both the Advisory and Administrative teams as well as overseeing day to day operations, delegating administrative responsibilities and motivating and recruiting staff.
- 1998 Certified Financial Planner
- 1998 Diploma of Financial Planning – Deakin University
- 1993 Bachelor of Business (Marketing) & (Management)– Deakin University
- 1989 Victorian Certificate of Education – Fintona Girls School, Balwyn
In 1998 Simone joined the CFP
Awards & Achievements:
- 2018 Finalist in Money Management’s Women in Financial Services, Adviser of the Year.
- In 2003 Simone received a “Runner Up” Award in the Money Management Adviser of the Year Competition.
- In 1999, 2000 & 2001 Simone was a member of Personal Investor Magazine’s Master Class of CFPs.
(Senior Financial Planner)
Chris Vanden-Driesen (Aged Care Specialist Adviser)
Chris Vanden-Driesen joined Leishman Financial Services in 1997. He completed the Diploma of Financial Planning in 2000, gaining the FPA’s highest status of Certified Financial Planner that same year. Chris accepted the role of Director of Leishman Financial Services in 2008.
Chris’s areas of expertise include:
- Aged Care Planning & Advice,
- Age Pension Advice,
- Centrelink Strategies
Chris started the Leishman Financial Services Investment Committee of which he has been the Chairperson since its inception in 2001. Chris is responsible for monitoring the investments recommended by LFS and reviewing and maintaining the in-house model portfolios used by LFS.
- 2019 FASEA Ethics Unit
- 2000 Certified Financial Planner
- 2000 Diploma of Financial Planning – Deakin University
- 1992 Bachelor of Arts from Swinburne University, in international politics
- 1988 Victorian Certificate of Education –Whitefirars College, Donvale
Chris was endorsed by the Department of Human Services to provide education and information sessions to the public and has conducted seminars in this, providing education to new retirees on financial planning matters.
Awards & Achievements:
2001 Chris was a member of Personal Investor Magazine’s Master Class of CFPs.
(Aged Care Advice Speicialist)
Chris Harrower (Financial Planner)
Chris harrower, often known as “Harry”, joined LFS in 2006 in a database & client services role. He quickly progressed to Trainee Financial Planner and gained his Financial Planner Authority in 2008.
Harry works across all areas of the advice spectrum including:
- Retirement Planning
- Age Pension Advice
- Self-Managed Super Fund Advice
- Aged Care Planning & Advice
- Life Insurance Advice
- Wealth Accumulation Advice
Harry holds a Bachelor of Accounting and Finance from Swinburne University and the Diploma of Financial Services (Financial Planning).
Harry’s interests include movies, reading, cooking, escape rooms and travel.